30 Nov Project Weekly Update: November 30, 2017
Below please find the project update for the week of November 27 and anticipated traffic control for the week of December 4, 2017.
Galletti Way and Victorian Ave. Improvements
The project team is taking advantage of warm temperatures and dry conditions to complete improvements on the east end of the project in Sparks. The team will complete concrete work at the Galletti Way and 4th/Prater Way intersection this week and anticipates opening the intersection to through traffic in early December. The team finished roadway paving and median island improvements on Victorian Ave. between Kietzke Lane and Prater Way. Upcoming operations include underground utility improvements at Prater Way and El Rancho Dr. on the north side of the roadway.
- Galletti Way at E. 4th Street is closed until mid-December. Through traffic please use Kietzke Lane to access Nevada Department of Transportation, Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles and Cemex. East and west traffic will be maintained on E. 4th
- Lane reductions and detour at Victorian Ave./El Rancho Drive and 4th/Prater Way.
- Traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction from Rock Blvd. to Evans Ave. Businesses are still open.
- Possible side street closures throughout the project from Pyramid Way to Evans Ave. Please use posted detours.
- Traffic control on Prater Way/4th Street between El Rancho Drive and Galletti Way includes lane reductions and a three-way stop east and westbound and at the I-80 westbound on and off ramps. Traffic lights at I-80 eastbound on and off ramps are still functioning normally.
- For the safety of drivers, riders and crews, RTC bus routes 2, 5, 11, 13, 15, 25 and 26 are detoured. Access RTC Transit Services for more information. Detours will be in place throughout the project.
Weather dependent, traffic control may include sidewalk closures, lane closures and minor detours. Possible lane shifts with flagger throughout the project corridor.Traffic control and work zones will be in place and changing frequently. Use caution and look for flaggers for direction. Brief delays can be expected.
Text 4PRATER to 797979 and you will be automatically enrolled to receive project updates and traffic controls via text message.
Please support your neighborhood businesses in the project corridor. Sign up to receive project updates at 4thPrater.com and you are eligible to receive a $25 gift card to a participating local business of your choice! One gift card distributed every week during construction.
Stakeholder updates will be distributed weekly, and as construction operations progress. For more information please call the project hotline at (775) 323-9335 or email Info@4thPrater.com for travel tips during construction and to sign-up to receive updates visit 4thPrater.com.
Subscribe to receive the RTC eNews
Are you interested in knowing what Your RTC is working on? The RTC eNews is a monthly electronic newsletter with information about projects, programs and events. The eNews includes informative articles, videos and a monthly calendar to keep you informed. Click here to subscribe and learn what RTC is doing to improve our region’s transportation systems. Archived editions are also available online.