26 Oct Project Weekly Update: October 26, 2017
Below please find the project update for the week of October 23 and anticipated traffic control for the week of October 30, 2017.
New Bus Stations
One of the many benefits of the 4th Street/Prater Way Bus RAPID Transit Project is enhanced connectivity between Reno and Sparks with a 3.1-mile bus rapid transit (BRT) line from Evans Way to Pyramid Way. The project includes eight passenger stations (four in each direction), off-vehicle fare collection, transit signal priority, real-time schedule information at stations and a bus charging facility. Construction will begin on the new stations in November 2017 with completion in early 2018. New stations will be located at 4th Street/Prater Way and Sutro Street, El Rancho Drive, 15th Street and Galletti Way.
New pavement at the intersection of Pyramid Way and Rock Blvd.
The team will place the top layer of asphalt at the intersection of Prater Way and Rock Blvd. the weekend of November 4, weather dependent. The intersection will be closed from Saturday morning, November 4 to Sunday evening, November 5. Please use marked detours.
- Beginning Saturday morning November 4 until Sunday evening November 5, the intersection of Rock Boulevard and Prater Way will be fully closed to all traffic. Please use detours. Businesses are open and accessible during construction.
- Galletti Way at E. 4th Street is closed until mid-December. Through traffic please use Kietzke Lane to access Nevada Department of Transportation, Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles and Cemex. East and west traffic will be maintained on E. 4th
- Pyramid Way to east of Rock Blvd. One-way westbound traffic only. Detour use Oddie Blvd.
- Record Street closed until approximately October 30 for electrical improvements.
- Traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction from Rock Blvd. to Evans Ave. Businesses are open and accessible during construction.
- Partial street closures at Prater Way and Sullivan St. Please use marked detours.
- Traffic control on Prater Way/4th Street between El Rancho Drive and Galletti Way includes lane reductions and a three-way stop east and westbound and at the I-80 westbound on and off ramps. Traffic lights at I-80 eastbound on and off ramps are still functioning normally.
- For the safety of drivers, riders and crews, RTC bus routes 2, 5, 11, 13, 15, 25 and 26 are detoured. Access RTC Transit Services for more information. Detours will be in place throughout the project.
Traffic control is weather dependent and may include sidewalk closures, lane closures and minor detours.
Possible lane shifts with flagger throughout the project corridor.
Traffic control and work zones will be in place and changing frequently. Use caution and look for flaggers for direction. Brief delays can be expected.
Text 4PRATER to 797979 and you will be automatically enrolled to receive project updates and traffic controls via text message.
Please support your neighborhood businesses in the project corridor. Sign up to receive project updates at 4thPrater.com and you are eligible to receive a $25 gift card to a participating local business of your choice! One gift card distributed every week during construction.
Stakeholder updates will be distributed weekly, and as construction operations progress. For more information please call the project hotline at (775) 323-9335 or email Info@4thPrater.com for travel tips during construction and to sign-up to receive updates visit 4thPrater.com.
Subscribe to receive the RTC eNews
Are you interested in knowing what Your RTC is working on? The RTC eNews is a monthly electronic newsletter with information about projects, programs and events. The eNews includes informative articles, videos and a monthly calendar to keep you informed. Click here to subscribe and learn what RTC is doing to improve our region’s transportation systems. Archived editions are also available online.