02 Jun 4th Street|Prater Way Bus RAPID Transit Project Weekly Update: June 2, 2017
Below please find the project update for the week of May 29 and anticipated traffic control for the week of June 5, 2017.
Watch for Children
Monday, June 12 marks the beginning of summer vacation for some students in Washoe County. Kate Smith and Robert Mitchell Elementary Schools and Sparks High School are in the project corridor and follow the traditional school calendar. Schools often host summer programs when not in regular session. The project team encourages drivers to pay extra attention to increased children in the project area during the summer months.
Traffic Control Week of June 5, 2017
- Traffic control on Prater Way/4th Street between El Rancho Drive and Galletti Way includes lane reductions and a three-way stop east and westbound and at the I-80 westbound on and off ramps. Traffic lights at I-80 eastbound on and off ramps are still functioning normally.
- For the safety of drivers, riders and crews, RTC bus routes 2, 5, 11, 13, 15, 25 and 26 are detoured. Go to rtcwashoe.com and click on Transit Alerts to sign up for the latest transit information. Detours will be in place throughout the summer.
- Traffic control is in place on the west end of the project from Evans Avenue to Galletti Way. The south side of the roadway is closed for demolition and roadway reconstruction. Traffic is shifted to the north side of the roadway. One lane in each direction will be maintained. Business and residential access will be maintained. Drivers can expect minor delays.
- Possibly lane shifts with flagger on 4th Street near Ferrari Lane.
- Monday, June 5, 2017. Sage Street at 4th Street will be reduced to one lane. Through traffic will be maintained.
- Southbound 19th Street closed at Prater Way. Please use 18th Street.
- Utility trenching near the I-80 off ramps.
Upcoming Traffic Control
Monday, June 12th: El Rancho Drive will again be closed to all traffic from Prater Way to Victorian Avenue for Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA) and other utility work. The closure will last several weeks. Again, the two short detours are available and business access will be preserved. Everyone is encouraged to continue to visit local businesses in the area during construction.
Text 4prater to 797979 and you will be automatically enrolled to receive project updates and traffic controls via text message.
Please support your neighborhood businesses in the project corridor. Karen S. from Reno received a $25 gift card to The Depot. Sign up to receive project updates at4thPrater.com and you are eligible to receive a $25 gift card to a participating local business of your choice! One gift card distributed every week during construction.
Subscribe to receive the RTC eNews
Are you interested in knowing what Your RTC is working on? The RTC eNews is a monthly electronic newsletter with information about projects, programs and events. The eNews includes informative articles, videos and a monthly calendar to keep you informed. Click here to subscribe and learn what RTC is doing to improve our region’s transportation systems. Archived editions are also available online.
Stakeholder updates will be distributed weekly, and as construction operations progress. For more information please call the project hotline at (775) 323-9335 or email Info@4thPrater.com for travel tips during construction and to sign-up to receive updates visit 4thPrater.com.
Your RTC. Our Community.