11 Dec Project Weekly Update: December 11, 2017
Below please find the project update for the week of December 4 and anticipated traffic control for the week of December 11, 2017.
RTC 4th/Prater BRT Project Business Meeting
The RTC Project Team invites you to learn more about the project, meet the project team and receive information on upcoming construction operations.
RTC Engineering Conference Room
1105 Terminal Way
Reno, NV 89502
Tuesday, December 12 from 10 to 11 am
The Project Team is planning to close the Prater Way/El Rancho Drive intersection for approximately three weeks, starting on December 12. Crews will be doing utility work at the intersection as part of the 4th Street/Prater Way Bus RAPID Transit Project. Detours will be in place. The intersection is expected to reopen during the week of January 1, 2018.
Drivers, bicyclists and pedestrians are urged to use extra caution in construction areas. Businesses in that area will be accessible during construction.
- Beginning December 12, the intersection of Prater Way and El Rancho Drive will be closed for approximately three weeks. Please use detours.
- Galletti Way at E. 4th Street is closed until mid-December. Through traffic please use Kietzke Lane to access Nevada Department of Transportation, Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles and Cemex. East and west traffic will be maintained on E. 4th
- Lane reductions and detour at Victorian Ave./El Rancho Drive and 4th/Prater Way.
- Traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction from Rock Blvd. to Evans Ave. Businesses are open and accessible.
- Possible side street closures throughout the project from Pyramid Way to Evans Ave. Please use posted detours.
- Traffic control on Prater Way/4th Street between El Rancho Drive and Galletti Way includes lane reductions and a three-way stop east and westbound and at the I-80 westbound on and off ramps. Traffic lights at I-80 eastbound on and off ramps are still functioning normally.
- For the safety of drivers, riders and crews, RTC bus routes 2, 5, 11, 13, 15, 25 and 26 are detoured. Access RTC Transit Services for more information. Detours will be in place throughout the project.
Weather permitting, traffic control may include sidewalk closures, lane closures and minor detours.
Possible lane shifts with flagger throughout the project corridor.
Traffic control and work zones will be in place and changing frequently. Use caution and look for flaggers for direction. Brief delays can be expected.
Text 4PRATER to 797979 and you will be automatically enrolled to receive project updates and traffic controls via text message.
Please support your neighborhood businesses in the project corridor. Sign up to receive project updates at 4thPrater.com and you are eligible to receive a $25 gift card to a participating local business of your choice! One gift card distributed every week during construction.
Stakeholder updates will be distributed weekly, and as construction operations progress. For more information please call the project hotline at (775) 323-9335 or email Info@4thPrater.com for travel tips during construction and to sign-up to receive updates visit 4thPrater.com.
Subscribe to receive the RTC eNews
Are you interested in knowing what Your RTC is working on? The RTC eNews is a monthly electronic newsletter with information about projects, programs and events. The eNews includes informative articles, videos and a monthly calendar to keep you informed. Click here to subscribe and learn what RTC is doing to improve our region’s transportation systems. Archived editions are also available online.