04 Aug 4th Street|Prater Way Bus RAPID Transit Project Weekly Update: August 4, 2017
Below please find the project update for the week of July 31 and anticipated traffic control for the week of August 7, 2017.
New Business Signs
RTC met with businesses and listened to concerns regarding the construction project in July. As a result of those conversations, new business signs were installed throughout the project corridor. RTC is also working very closely with the Cities of Sparks and Reno for additional enforcement throughout the project corridor. RTC will continue to meet with businesses and the community to address project concerns and answer questions. We want to hear from you, and we value your comments. If you have a recommendation to help promote businesses in your neighborhood, call the project team at (775) 323-9335 or email Info@4thPrater.com. We will provide more information in the following weeks.
Hot August Nights
Special event season in the Truckee Meadows is in full swing. One of the area’s largest events is Hot August Nights. This year car enthusiasts will celebrate events in Reno and Sparks from Tuesday, August 8 to Sunday, August 13. This means minimal active road construction on major roadways. The 4th Street|Prater Way project team will not be working during Hot August Nights. To view a map and navigate between HAN destinationsclick here.
School Begins Monday, August 7
The project team encourages drivers and pedestrians to use extra caution and be safe in and around school zones. The school zone speed limit is 15 MPH and is strictly enforced.
Traffic Control for the week of August 7, 2017
No active construction activities during Hot August Nights: August 8 to 13.
- This work is postponed. El Rancho Drive will be closed to all traffic from Prater Way to Victorian Avenue for Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA) and other utility work. The closure will last several weeks.
- Crews will be working on 4th Street on the west end of the project. Traffic control information will be provided in advance.
- Eastbound Victorian Ave. from Kietzke Lane to Prater Way is closed until approximately mid-August. After the east side of the roadway is complete, the westbound lanes will be closed from mid-August to October. The closures are needed for roadway reconstruction and utility improvements. Please use Prater Way and El Rancho Drive detours.
- The south side of the roadway is closed for demolition and roadway reconstruction from Pyramid Way west to El Rancho Drive. Businesses are still open and appreciate your support. Traffic is shifted to the north side of the roadway. One lane in each direction will be maintained. Business and residential access will be maintained. Drivers can expect minor delays.
- Traffic control is in place on the west end of the project from Evans Avenue to Galletti Way. The south side of the roadway is closed for demolition and roadway reconstruction. Traffic is shifted to the north side of the roadway. One lane in each direction will be maintained. Business and residential access will be maintained. Drivers can expect minor delays.
- Traffic control on Prater Way/4th Street between El Rancho Drive and Galletti Way includes lane reductions and a three-way stop east and westbound and at the I80 westbound on and off ramps. Traffic lights at I80 eastbound on and off ramps are still functioning normally.
- For the safety of drivers, riders and crews, RTC bus routes 2, 5, 11, 13, 15, 25 and 26 are detoured. Access RTC Transit Services for more information. Detours will be in place throughout the summer.
Traffic Control Notes
- Weather dependent, traffic control may include sidewalk closures, lane closures and minor detours.
- Possible lane shifts with flaggers throughout the project corridor.
Text 4prater to 797979 and you will be automatically enrolled to receive project updates and traffic controls via text message.
Please support your neighborhood businesses in the project corridor. Sign up to receive project updates at 4thPrater.com and you are eligible to receive a $25 gift card to a participating local business of your choice! One gift card distributed every week during construction.
Subscribe to receive the RTC eNews
Are you interested in knowing what Your RTC is working on? The RTC eNews is a monthly electronic newsletter with information about projects, programs and events. The eNews includes informative articles, videos and a monthly calendar to keep you informed. Click here to subscribe and learn what RTC is doing to improve our region’s transportation systems. Archived editions are also available online.
Your RTC. Our Community.