14 Jul 4th Street|Prater Way Bus RAPID Transit Project Weekly Update: July 14, 2017
Below please find the project update for the week of July 10 and anticipated traffic control for the week of July 17, 2017.
July 2017 Business Spotlight: American Furniture and Mattress Company
In our efforts to support businesses within in the project area, RTC will profile a business within the corridor each month. American Furniture & Mattress at 1633 Prater Way in Sparks is a local, family-owned furniture store featuring a large in-stock inventory of home furnishings.
Eric Reid and his family have been serving the community for 27 years. They strive to sell the best furniture and home decor to the community. Regardless of where furniture was previously purchased, Eric and his team will also repair furniture for customers. The biggest change they have seen over the years is the growth of Sparks and the surrounding areas. Reid says he is excited to see businesses flourish and the overall aesthetics of the community improve upon completion of the 4th/Prater RTC Bus Rapid Transit Project.
The RTC project team met with businesses on the east end of the project this week to brainstorm ideas to increase patronage during construction. Suggestions from businesses included increased signage and additional awareness campaigns. We want to hear from you and value your comments. If you have a recommendation to help promote businesses in your neighborhood, call the project team at (775) 323-9335 or email Info@4thPrater.com. We will provide more information in the following weeks.
Traffic Control Week of July 17, 2017
- Weather dependent, traffic control may include sidewalk closures, lane closures and minor detours.
- Eastbound Victorian Ave. from Kietzke Lane to Prater Way is closed until approximately mid-August. After the east side of the roadway is complete, the westbound lanes will be closed from mid-August to October. The closures are needed for roadway reconstruction and utility improvements. Please use Prater Way and El Rancho Drive detours.
- Lane shifts on Prater Way between Pyramid Way and 9th Street.
- Partial lane closures on 6th Street and Sage Street.
- Detour at 12th Street and Prater Way.
- The south side of the roadway is closed for demolition and roadway reconstruction from Pyramid Way west to El Rancho Drive. Businesses are still open. Traffic is shifted to the north side of the roadway. One lane in each direction will be maintained. Business and residential access will be maintained. Drivers can expect minor delays.
- Traffic control is in place on the west end of the project from Evans Avenue to Galletti Way. The south side of the roadway is closed for demolition and roadway reconstruction. Traffic is shifted to the north side of the roadway. One lane in each direction will be maintained. Business and residential access will be maintained. Drivers can expect minor delays.
- Traffic control on Prater Way/4th Street between El Rancho Drive and Galletti Way includes lane reductions and a three-way stop east and westbound and at the I80 westbound on and off ramps. Traffic lights at I80 eastbound on and off ramps are still functioning normally.
- Possible lane shifts with flagger throughout the project corridor.
- For the safety of drivers, riders and crews, RTC bus routes 2, 5, 11, 13, 15, 25 and 26 are detoured. Access RTC Transit Services for more information. Detours will be in place throughout the summer.
- Traffic control and work zones will be in place and changing frequently. Use caution and look for flaggers for direction. Brief delays can be expected.
Text 4prater to 797979 and you will be automatically enrolled to receive project updates and traffic controls via text message.
Please support your neighborhood businesses in the project corridor. Sign up to receive project updates at 4thPrater.com and you are eligible to receive a $25 gift card to a participating local business of your choice! One gift card distributed every week during construction.
Stakeholder updates will be distributed weekly, and as construction operations progress. For more information please call the project hotline at (775) 323-9335 or email Info@4thPrater.com for travel tips during construction and to sign-up to receive updates visit 4thPrater.com.
Subscribe to receive the RTC eNews
Are you interested in knowing what Your RTC is working on? The RTC eNews is a monthly electronic newsletter with information about projects, programs and events. The eNews includes informative articles, videos and a monthly calendar to keep you informed. Click here to subscribe and learn what RTC is doing to improve our region’s transportation systems. Archived editions are also available online.
Your RTC. Our Community.